Don’t stop here! Keep going so you can be introduced to some bloggers, resources, and freebies!
With the onset of spring this past Thursday (yes, it is spring-like weather in South Georgia), Created by Mr. Hughes wanted to do a Spring Fling Giveaway. The winner will receive $5 per store listed, a clip art set, and a poetry unit that is perfect for the month of April. But hurry…the giveaway only runs from Saturday until Monday. You will not want to miss it!
In addition to the giveaway, he is also hosting a linky to find fabulous free and paid resources for Spring! It is a win-win. Simply peruse the resources that are linked, and then make sure you enter the giveaway! Also, make sure you visit the TpT pages of those who are donating to this giveaway. Their stores are loaded with resources for every subject area. What a spring-tastic idea!
My TpT store will be discounted 10% off everything Saturday through Monday. Enjoy!
Happy Spring, Everyone!
Welcome Winter! Here in southwestern Georgia we got a very rare, unexpected day off on Wednesday. Many are calling it a “snow day,” but I am just going to call it a “too cold for school kind of day.” You see, in the South, when it is that cold and it mixes with rain, our bridges and back roads are just not prepared for the icy conditions. They felt it was better to keep people off of the roads than to risk it…I am thankful!
There will be no snow day for me today. It is cold, and I am typing this, the temperature is steadily dropping, but we will still have school. Today is a teacher workday, which is always good to have to get my mental focus prepared for the tasks I need to accomplish.
As I begin the second half of this school year, I am blessed to work with such a wonderful faculty and staff. This year begin my journey as an Instructional Coordinator. While I honestly did not fully understand all the responsibilities this position would entail, I have learned a lot. And I mean a lot. I am thankful the faculty (and my dear friends) have been very patient with me on this journey. I know I still have a lot more to learn, but it has truly been a wonderful journey up to this point.
In an earlier post I stated I would make my goals for this year public on this blog. I think I am ready to do just that…wait, am I? Didn’t I say something about I was making them public so you would hold me accountable? Okay, that is your job. Hold me accountable this year.
A New Year…A New Me
1. Be the best mommy ever…My little girl is five years old, and she is the best blessing I have received. In this fast-paced world, I tend to rush things, mainly her in the mornings when we are trying to get to school. I want to spend good, quality time with her…no television, computer, outside distractions…just our little family bonding and making memories. I don’t want to miss out on anything.
2. Be the best spouse I can be…We will celebrate our 8th Anniversary in April, and time surely does fly when you are having fun! I just need a reminder to be patient, kind, loving, and understanding.
3. Be a good friend…In my walk of life I have made many acquaintances who have turned out to be some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I want to be a good friend and be there to listen (not talk…sometimes hard for me) whenever I am needed.
4. Be the best at my job…I love education! I am constantly learning new things, and I try to broaden my experiences so I can be the best at what I do. Now, I know there is always someone who it better than me out there, but I want to learn from my mistakes and do what is the best thing for our students.
5. Be healthier…I am not going to put a goal of how many times I
want need to workout, but I am going to say I am going to make better decisions about what foods I eat. I am also going to exercise, even if it is just for a few minutes each time.
I apologize for such a long post today! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
If you have not already done so and you need a quick class starter, grab my It’s a New Year Writing Activity…it’s free!
Good morning! If you will head on over to our All Things Upper Elementary Blog, you can enter for a chance to win my January Writing Bundle. I will randomly select three lucky winners. All you have to do is leave your email address in the comment section of the post at ATUE. While you are there, you can also download a freebie from me to use in your classroom. Good luck and I hope you have a fabulous Friday!